Sunday 18 December 2011

More preparations...


Well, here are the feet we're trying to "find".  We've made some progress with Swati and Nilesh and Steve on websites, logos etc. We're thinking of including a sketch of Imogen's foot in the logo somehow.. so I took a picture of it. Rather sweet little foot I think!

More volunteers and ideas for fundraising are flooding in. My sister's eldest three daughters were first up with a plan for a major cycle ride.  Two volunteers for half marathons, more runners, cyclists etc - an energetic lot of friends we have.  Bruce and I are considering doing a beginners triathlon.. not actually signed up yet.  Another thoughtful friend (with my mental health in mind I think) is sponsoring me a pound for every hour of telly I watch, not including the news and kids' programmes.  That'll be a cheap one.  A colleague (also probably with my mental health in mind) is trying to balance out my political views by sponsoring me £50 to read 5 articles/blog postings by some rabid right-wingers.  My choir is considering a sponsored hymn-sing... and there's more.

We've also got plans for raising a fair bit of the cash we need from our own income too, without mortgaging ourselves to the hilt - cutting back on some stuff and taking a mortgage payment holiday will get us started with a few thousand.

I've also, in usual Sue style, fitted in a kids party, wrapped almost all of the pressies, been to a christingle service, taken the children swimming, and sung in our Christmas Carol service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment